Friday, January 27, 2012

Someone Heard Me

The morning after the "WHY AM I HERE?" night that ended with tears to a certain Lady in Spain, I woke up to sunshine.

Sunshine is a rare thing here in the grey London winter and I have to say it made me realize that even though I miss my family and a bunch of little things that have made me happy.


First, we have been discovering the sweets here and by golly, they have amazing little boxed cakes at every grocery store that you go to and they are delicious.

Secondly, let me introduce you to a genius combination of sugar and chocolate.
This my dears tastes like Cap'n Crunch cereal with an amazing Nutella center. I couldn't imagine a better combo. I do believe Krave is in parts of the U.S. already, so be on the look out people.

And just so you know that chocolate is NOT the answer to all sadness...my little miss and mr. brightened my day times infinity.

Livvy spotted the tea pot that the temporary housing provided and invited me to a "tea" party. And it was a lovely occasion despite the "I spilled water everywhere so I must be mmmmmaked!" look.


And the mr. Oh the mr. Jude dude. He took THREE naps and only fussed for a minute each time. Love that little guy who giggles if I just talk to him.


We move into our new apartment on Monday and despite the fact that our things aren't going to be there for another week or two, life will be good.  And I will keep saying that until it gets to the good-routine-friend-found place of happiness.

...

This girl is glad that London knows how to make chocolate goodness. 

5 comments:

  1. I have seen that krave cereal everywhere lately? Is it that awesome? Cereal has been my weapon of choice lately.

    I miss that little mmmmaked girl. I'm always maked these days. so much more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate more caramel McVitties (I that's what they're called) while on study abroad than anyone should possibly eat in a summer! :)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the McVitties Digestives recommendation. You should also try Muller brand yogurt... the ones with fruit in the corner. SO. GOOD. I wish they had it in the US. I had it every day for breakfast when I was doing study abroad in London. Glad you found some chocolate happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be invited to one of livvy's tea parties! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and snacking on some chocolate. That cereal sounds amazing right about now. Miss your guts.

    ReplyDelete